dbForge Data Compare for PostgreSQL Features
This page provides a comprehensive listing of features available in
dbForge Data Compare for PostgreSQL. For a list of new features, see What's New in 2.0.
What servers are supported?
- PostgreSQL Server versions: 8.3, 8.4, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6
- Amazon Redshift
What can be compared and synchronized?
- Custom queries
Data comparison setup
- Include tables or views into comparison by mask or individually
- Exclude objects from comparison by mask or individually
- Ignore columns by mask (e.g. don't compare ModifiedDate column in all tables)
- Float types rounding option
- Ignore Case and Ignore Trailing Spaces options for string comparison
- LOB comparison options
- WHERE filter for limiting data that needs to be compared (e.g. in extra large tables)
How can I compare data in two databases with different structures?
- User mapping feature allows comparing tables with different names and column set
Map one table in source with two or more tables in target (useful when table was
- Custom Query feature allows comparing a table with a query result
How can I analyze comparison results?
- Filter and sort objects in results
- View data differences for each pair of objects
- Quickly navigate through data differences
- Perform full-text search in data
- View number of changes per column
- Hide unmodified columns, and lock/unlock the key columns to simplify analysis
- Select arbitrary columns for display
How can I export data comparison results?
- Generate data comparison report in Excel and HTML formats
- Include actual data into report
- Report on selected objects only
- Create accurate synchronization scripts
- Migrate individual records, groups of records, or all data differences
- Toggle synchronization direction to apply data changes to both databases
- Warnings on possible problems prior to synchronization
How can I automate my routine tasks?
- Save comparison project settings for future use
- Use command line interface for automatic routine synchronizations