Entity Developer, Entity FW and Partitioned Tables/Indexes

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
felclef

Entity Developer, Entity FW and Partitioned Tables/Indexes

Post by felclef » Fri 15 Jul 2011 13:55

Hi there. I haven't found any reference in the forum about these issues, so I'm asking: is there a way to use those features all together?

keywords: Entity, Developer, Framework, Oracle, Partitioned, Table, Index

Regards,

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 18 Jul 2011 09:26

I have successfully created a model from a partitioned Oracle table and succeeded in both querying it and modifying data using Entity Framework.
Please note that the Model First and Code First approaches are not possible with partitioned tables, and tables with partitioned indexes.

felclef

Post by felclef » Mon 18 Jul 2011 17:40

Ok, then. Thank you! I was trying to make some tests and, so far, I have the same results.

Dont you think that would be great if we could manage and deal with features like that using Model First and Code First, somehow? Just saying... (@AndreyR)

cya!

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Tue 19 Jul 2011 08:15

The CREATE DATABASE and Code First Fluent mapping does not support database-specific .functionality.
The only way of Code First usage I can recommend is to use the DbContext code generation template with the existing database.