UpdatesPending in NonCachedMode

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ahijazi

UpdatesPending in NonCachedMode

Post by ahijazi » Sat 14 Jun 2014 10:22

Dear Devart,

Is there a similar to UpdatesPending property in CachedMode := False???, that could told us if their ant updates in the Dataset (delete, update, insert)

Best Regards,

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: UpdatesPending in NonCachedMode

Post by AlexP » Mon 16 Jun 2014 10:00

Hello,

To determine whether records were modified (Edit/Insert) before calling Post when CachedUpdates = False, you can use the Modified property. When calling the Delete method, the current record is immediately deleted (with no need to call Post), therefore the Modified property will be False.

ahijazi

Post by ahijazi » Mon 16 Jun 2014 10:18

Your answer is about the current record in a Dataset, I asked about the Dataset, In case I Edit a record and then Post, Insert a new record and then Post and move to the third record (posts done by GUI when moving between records), at that case Dataset have updates i can not check unless i used custom code, is their any method or property could told me about update like UpdatesPending in NonCachedMode, and if not is their any intention to add in the near future??

Best Regards,

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 16 Jun 2014 10:33

After calling the Post method, there is no ability to determine whether the DataSet was modified or not. It is standard behavior of DBAccess components.

ahijazi

Post by ahijazi » Tue 17 Jun 2014 05:19

Dear Alex;

Hope to add such a feature in the near future, I know it's a standard behavior of DBAccess component but we are using Devart components to give as much as possible features, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ahmed Hijazi P. Eng

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Tue 17 Jun 2014 10:13

We don't plan to implement such behavior. You can create a descendant from our DataSet and implement the needed functionality by yourself.