client-side cursor cloning

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Ludek

client-side cursor cloning

Post by Ludek » Tue 22 Jul 2008 07:00

Hi,
is it somehow possible to clone a "cursor" to one TMSQuery? Just to have one data storage and 2 independent pointers to its records.

Example: to have all prices listed in a tdbgrid and the lowest price in a tdbedit, both editable.

I need similar functionality to TClientDataset.CloneCursor, but really don't want to use TClientdataset - I don't want to lose the advanced tmsquery functionality like fetchall = false etc.
Thanks, Ludek.

Antaeus

Post by Antaeus » Tue 22 Jul 2008 07:56

SDAC has no functionality similar to TClientDataset.CloneCursor.
> Example: to have all prices listed in a tdbgrid and the lowest price in a tdbedit, both editable.
Probably this problem can be solved with using TEdit instead of TDBEdit, or with copying record(s) to TVirtualTable, or in any other way.

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Tue 22 Jul 2008 12:47

:cry:
Sure, I have solved this problem this way already a few years ago, but i wanted to optimize it, it is a very ugly code full of detecting, who changes the data, whether the user or the sync algorithm.
Is there any chance, you will implement such method in the (near?) future?

Antaeus

Post by Antaeus » Tue 22 Jul 2008 13:38

It is unlikely as this is not an asked-for feature and it requires significant changes in code.