Unidac SQLite3.dll

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
softwestteam

Unidac SQLite3.dll

Post by softwestteam » Fri 29 May 2009 10:49

When I open the uniconnection the following error appears:

Connection clientlibrary differs from already active connection

On the ClientLibary property is the path to the sqlite3.dll, downloaded from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

What can I do?

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Mon 01 Jun 2009 06:59

To avoid this problem set the ClientLibrary option to the same value for all TUniConnection components.

hampk

Post by hampk » Tue 09 Jun 2009 16:34

Plash wrote:To avoid this problem set the ClientLibrary option to the same value for all TUniConnection components.
I have the same problem :(

I dropped a TUniConnection and a SQLiteUniProvider onto a form, set the path for the connection to my database file and set the ClientLibrary option to where a copy of SQLite3.dll was.

Tried to connect and got the same message. As I only have one UniConnection in this very simple program, are there any other suggestions for a fix?

This would be massively useful if I can get it to work :roll:

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Wed 10 Jun 2009 06:27

We could not reproduce the problem. Please send to unidac*devart*com a complete small sample that demonstrates the problem.

hampk

Post by hampk » Wed 10 Jun 2009 11:45

Strangely this morning neither can I :shock:

I'm finding havaing active connections at design-time a little flaky - I keep getting 'Cannot load client DLL: sqlite3.dll' messages, and I have once repeated the original problem, but the application runs fine..

I'll carry on for now and post again if the problem recurs.

nomates

Post by nomates » Sun 14 Jun 2009 04:05

Hi,

I have this problem, Im using the trial version with a view to buy this product! but so far Im not having any luck! I have try reinstalling the program but to no luck!

I take it you mean the ClientLibrary option should be set to something like c:\myprogram\

also it seems to remember the path to the only time I got this VCL to work! even after I uninstalled the app?

any ideas?

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Mon 15 Jun 2009 05:34

To nomates:

Please describe the steps to reproduce the problem.

nomates

Post by nomates » Tue 16 Jun 2009 12:30

Plash wrote:To nomates:

Please describe the steps to reproduce the problem.
1. Drop a TSQLiteUniProvider on a form
2. Drop a TUniConnection onto the form
3. Right hand click on the UniConnection1 and select Connection editor. From the provider dropdown box select SQLite, and then manually enter the path to my database i.e. C:\Program Files\MyAPP\MYProgram\Base.sqb

4. From the Connection editor I select the option tab and enter the following path C:\Program Files\MyAPP\MYProgram for the ClientLirary

5. Change back to the connect tab, and click on the Connect button, which is now rasing the following error Connection ClientLibrary differs from already active Connections.

6. Leaving the ClientLirary blank for the option tab raises the following error cannot load client DLL: sqlite3.dll
Any ideas

Regards
Darren

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Wed 17 Jun 2009 07:18

We have fixed this problem. The fix will be included in the next build of UniDAC.

As a workaround you can restart Delphi and set the ClientLibrary option to the correct value with the first try.

Note: this option should contain the path and file name. For example:

C:\Program Files\MyAPP\sqlite3.dll

nomates

Post by nomates » Thu 18 Jun 2009 21:59

Cheers for the reply, I'm now up and running!

How are the connections remembered in the dropdown comobox (database)

Regards

Darren

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Fri 19 Jun 2009 07:07

UniDAC stored the database list in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Devart\UniDAC\Connect\Providers\SQLite)