Stored Procedure with multiple out parameters using EF?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
tleese22

Stored Procedure with multiple out parameters using EF?

Post by tleese22 » Mon 29 Mar 2010 23:00

1) Question 1

Is it possible to use multiple output parameters in a stored procedure with Entity Framework? If so, is there an example somewhere I can review?

I have a stored procedure that has the following parameters:

user_id IN VARCHAR2
some_id OUT NUMBER
other_id OUT NUMBER
success OUT NUMBER

2) Question 2

I've also noticed that my entities class does not contain the method I've mapped via "Function Import" unless I declare a return type of entity. If I declare a void/bool, etc. return type there is no method on the entities class.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Taylor

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Tue 30 Mar 2010 14:18

1. There is no out parameters support in default Microsoft designer.
We recommend you to use Entity Developer (you can simply add Devart Entity Model to your project using "Add New Item..." menu, Entity Developer will be launched in VS integration mode). In Entity Developer procedures with out parameters are mapped correctly.
2. This is a designed behaviour of Microsoft designer in EF v1. Unlike it, Entity Developer supports scalar procedures.

tleese22

Post by tleese22 » Tue 30 Mar 2010 17:40

When I try to add my stored procedure to the model in Entity Developer I get an error that says, "Can't add the method." There is no additional information provided. Any ideas what I should do next?

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 31 Mar 2010 09:48

What version of dotConnect are you using?
If possible, please post the script of your procedure and tables it is using (if any) here or
send them to me (support * devart * com, subject "ED: can't add the method").