RIA Services - Add Domain Service Class Wizard Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
r.m.saddler

Post by r.m.saddler » Fri 28 May 2010 08:43

Hi,

I am trying to use RIA Services with Silverlight 4 and the latest build (as of today) of dotConnect for Oracle and have hit a problem with the Add Domain Service Class Wizard.

I have generated a EDML file and when I try to add a Domain Service Class the wizard sees the ObjectContext class containing my entities. However, I cannot tick 'Enable editing' against any of the entities nor can I tick 'Generate associated classes for metadata' since both set of options are disabled.

When I generate the class it is empty so I have to hand type the get/add/update/delete statements.

Thanks,

Rob.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 31 May 2010 14:49

I have just generated an .edml file and have successfully added a Domain Service class. Both mentioned check boxes were enabled.
The code was generated successfully.
My setup: VS 2010 RTM, dotConnect for Oracle 5.70.140.
Please send me the model causing the error and the generated script.

r.m.saddler

Post by r.m.saddler » Thu 17 Jun 2010 13:18

OK, I have discovered what the issue was - I had 3.5 selected as the Entity Framework version.

Here is the resolution:

- Double click on the model
- In the Entity Framework version drop down select 4.0

I also ticked "Include foreign key columns in the model" too as this was disabled with version 3.5.

Thanks,

Rob.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Thu 17 Jun 2010 13:32

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thank you for the information.

billchannel

Post by billchannel » Fri 18 Feb 2011 01:37

Hi,

I created a Devart Entity Model with dotConnect to PostgreSQL(v5.00 Demo) for PostgreSQL 9.0.3 database, and then I'm trying to create a Domain Services Class(RIA Services); I found the option " Generate associated classes for metadata" is disabled when using "Add Domain Service Class Wizard".

Any suggestion? Thanks!

Development environment:
VS 2010 RTM
RIA Services 1.0 RTM
dotConnect to PostgreSQL v5.00 Demo version
PostgreSQL 9.0.3 database

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 18 Feb 2011 14:46

I have made a test using Silverlight 4, latest dotConnect for PostgreSQL 5.10.103, PostgreSQL 9.0.
I have added a new Devart Entity model to the Models folder, rebuilt the project, and added a Domain Service class successfully.
Could you please send us the application you get the error in?
I have removed your duplicate post.