ASP.NET DataSet Connection String with Impersonation

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Emily

ASP.NET DataSet Connection String with Impersonation

Post by Emily » Mon 21 Jun 2010 17:28

I am using ASP.NET DataSets and want to use impersonation, i.e. not set userID or password. I know the web server can identify the user, but my connection string must be wrong.

this.connection.ConnectionString = "Persist Security Info=True;Data Source=ServerX;";

Can you please help me?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 22 Jun 2010 14:37

Integrated Security connections (OS authentication) is available in the OCI mode (Direct=false;) only, because this is a feature of Oracle Server itself via Oracle Client. The only setting you should set in dotConnect for Oracle is to specify this.connection.ConnectionString = "Data Source=ServerX;";. The rest of settings should be made in Oracle Server and Oracle Client. Please refer to Oracle documentation. For example, here is a walkthrough: http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/mis ... cation.php.

wijjkey

Post by wijjkey » Wed 12 Oct 2011 13:46

I'm using a DataSet to retrive data from a Database and access the values of the columsn returned. I then want to set the Text of various labels to the values of the columns. To do this I use to code below

appID.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Columns[0].ToString();
appName.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Columns[1].ToString();
gripsID.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Columns[2].ToString();

The problem is that it sets the text of the labels to the column names and not the values. Am I using the wrong code? Thanks
Last edited by wijjkey on Fri 15 Jun 2012 07:30, edited 2 times in total.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 14 Oct 2011 08:45

Try using this code:

Code: Select all

appID.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Rows[0][0].ToString();
appName.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Rows[0][1].ToString();
gripsID.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Rows[0][2].ToString();
You can find an example of working with data of OracleDataTable here:
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... Table.html