SQL Complete and SQL Server Data Tools (Visual Studio)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Torsten

SQL Complete and SQL Server Data Tools (Visual Studio)

Post by Torsten » Thu 29 Mar 2012 12:05

Hi,

I am using SQL Complete Standard Edition V. 3.5.56 and installed it for use inside Visual Studio. Now I created a new SSDT-project and I want to replace the standard intellisense with the SQL Complete intellisense.

Is this possible? If yes, how can it be done? If no, will it be possible in future releases of SQL Complete?

Thank you!

Torsten

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 30 Mar 2012 10:23

The problem may consist in compatibility with another of our products called dbForge Fusion for MySQL that you may have installed in parallel.

If you have installed this product, please try to uninstall it and let us know if it helps.

If the problem still persists, please provide us the list of other Visual Studio addins you have installed.

Torsten

Answer

Post by Torsten » Fri 30 Mar 2012 13:38

Hi alexa,

I do not use any other DevArt-product right now. But I disabled lot of AddIns. Now I can use SQL Compare inside a traditional SQL Server 2005 database project. But when I convert this project into the new SSDT (SQL Server Database Tools) project I can no longer use SQL Compare.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/tools.aspx

I guess this may be because Microsoft also offers it's own intellisense within this project type. Can you confirm this? If so, do you have plans to support SSDT's projects as well (in fact, they will probably replace the traditional database projects inside Visual Studio).

Thank you!

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 13 Apr 2012 12:51

We have planned to implement support for SSDT-project in the next version of dbForge SQL Complete.

Torsten

Re: SQL Complete and SQL Server Data Tools (Visual Studio)

Post by Torsten » Sat 26 May 2012 13:04

Hi Alexa,

any progress on implemententing sql complete for SSDTs? When will it be available?

Thank you!

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 29 May 2012 09:06

Hello Torsten,

We are currently working on the new product called dbForge Studio for SQL Server. Once it is released, we will start implementing support for SSDT in dbForge SQL Complete.

Please note that the new product, in addition to the features that are currently present in Data Studio for SQL Server, Data Compare for SQL Server Professional Edition, SQL Complete Standard Edition, Schema Compare for SQL Server Professional Edition, will include many new ones.

Hopefully, this new product may replace MSSMS.

Torsten

Post by Torsten » Tue 29 May 2012 15:50

Hi Alexa,

thanks for your answer.

I am also curious about your new product and will give it a try after release.

Regards,

Torsten