Using OraDirect in a build environment

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
MentorUser

Using OraDirect in a build environment

Post by MentorUser » Mon 03 Jul 2006 17:23

Hi,

We have bought your OraDirect library a few weeks ago. It does work in our development environment. We are capable of accessing an Oracle database .
We also have a build machine, i.e a clean machine with the .NET Framework SDK on it with our third party libraries. In other words, we use this separate machine to make a release of our software. We have never ran the OraDirect installer on this machine. We only bought one license or OraDirect so we aren't legally allowed to install it on another machine.

If we run our software build from this separate machine, we get an error stating OraDirect doesn't have a license. Does this mean we have to install OraDirect on our build machine? Is there another way around?

Thanks

Louis

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 04 Jul 2006 05:56

What is the exact error message?
Do you have licenses.licx file on you build machine?

MentorUser

Post by MentorUser » Fri 14 Jul 2006 16:23

Hi,

First of all, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. But thank you for answering my post very quickly.

Here's a quick overview of our situation. We use NAnt, an open source program which is like make or nmake. NAnt builds our application on a build machine which doesn't have Visual Studio on it.

It builds the application successfully. It embeds the file license.licx in the application. I have verified this. When I start our application and we try to connec to Oracle, we get the following error message:

CoreLab.Oracle.OracleException: License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic in OraDirect .ENT documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleConnection.Open()

I did try converting license.licx into a .licenses file with the license compiler (lc.exe). I then add the output file as a resource into our application but I got the same error mesage.

Do I have to run your Install Shield application on my build machine? Would that mean I have to run it at each customer that I sell my app?

Thank you for your time,

Louis

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 17 Jul 2006 06:38

It seems that NAnt embeds license incorrectly.
Please send us your compiled executable file with embedded license.