EntityDAC data providers are installed by default in Standard and Professional editions. However, there are several cases, when the data providers need to be installed manually:
- in case, if they were lost after broken installation or due to some other problems;
- in case of using EntityDAC edition with source code;
- in case you want to install 3rd-party data providers that are located in the Demo folder;
- in case of using Delphi or C++Builder Starter or Trial Edition (since the Starter and Trial Editions have no command line compiler).
To install data providers manually:
- in RAD Studio click the "Open Project" (Ctrl+F11) button
- open the EntityDAC installation folder (C:\Program Files\Devart\EntityDAC by default) and select your IDE version in the Source folder (e.g., Delphi20 - for XE6), and select the needed data provider project
- Right click on the project in the Project Manager, click "Install"
- the data provider is installed and ready for use.
You can find it in the "Component->Install Packages" dialog: