Table of Contents
- General usability
- Various target platforms support
- Various development platforms support
- Multiply database support
- Several approaches to database application development
- Data types support
- Associations support
- Object mapping
- Devart data access components support
- Standard data access components support
- 3rd-party data access components support
- Powerful visual designer EntityDeveloper with code generation support.
- LINQ is used as database independent query language. Also LINQ queries can be written in the Delphi code using either the Code completion Delphi engine.
- Cross-database development - once developed application can connect to different databases without any code modifications.
- As a base class for mapped objects can be used TEntity or any descendants from TObject.
- Meta type inheritance support.
- Cascade data saving is supported.
- Submit and rollback all changes in context are supported.
- TDataSet compatible components to manipulate data with standard and third-party data-aware controls binding support.
- Live-binding support for any components.
- Ability to bind controls and get data in design-time.
- Write database independent queries directly in the code using either the native Delphi syntax or a С# LINQ syntax.
- IEnumerable-based easy-to-manipulate entity collections.
- Powerful design-time capabilities.
- A set of TDataSet compatible components to manipulate data.
- Ability to bind controls and get data in design-time
Various target platforms support:
- Windows, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Linux, 64-bit
- iOS, 32-bit and 64-bit
Various development platforms support:
Multiply database support:
- SQL Server
- etc. (see full list here - Compatibility)
Several approaches to database application development:
- Code-First development
Data types support:
For object mapping can be used:
- Code mapping
- Attribute mapping
- XML mapping
Devart data access components support:
Standard data access components support:
3rd-party data access components support: