Generating the SQL code for pivot tables?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Bob_P

Generating the SQL code for pivot tables?

Post by Bob_P » Mon 15 Oct 2012 15:05

Well, maybe this is a no-brainer, but I cannot for the life of me find where I export the SQL statement for pivot tables - I have a tremendous amount of data that I need to scrunch down into dynamic pivot tables, and the main reason I bought the Pro version of dbForge was expressly for this option...

Can someone help? :) I will gladly read the manual, if someone could point me to the part of the manual that covers this :)

Thanks!

Bob

alexa

Re: Generating the SQL code for pivot tables?

Post by alexa » Tue 16 Oct 2012 09:39

Since pivot tables in dbForge Studio for MySQL are built by internal technical capabilities, there is no possibility to obtain the resulting SQL statement for pivot tables, however you can obtain the text of the initial query, the pivot table is based on, by switching to the Text view in the document.

Bob_P

Post by Bob_P » Thu 18 Oct 2012 23:51

I think that this needs to be clarified in the sales pitch, since it sounds to me like its possible, also considering the number of other folks who have the same issue...

Data Analysis

Master-detail data browser
Data report generation wizard
Data report designer
Pivot table designer
Chart building wizard
Data search on a live database

When you advertise a tool that helps work on databases, and gives you the SQL in just about every other instance, it needs to be spelled out clearly that this is not an option with Pivot tables....

Thanks,

Bob

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Fri 19 Oct 2012 10:23

Pivot queries are not available as such in SQL dialect of MySQL server. That's why we didn't emphasize that we do not generate them. It's obvious.