FMX Android FireDac und UniDac Parallel

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
CarmeloLabadie

FMX Android FireDac und UniDac Parallel

Post by CarmeloLabadie » Mon 25 Oct 2021 15:59

Hi there,
Since I didn't get any further here, after almost 7 hours of experimenting, I looked around for an alternative. I found it in FireDac too. The connection to my SQLite database works here. However, I cannot connect to an MSSQL server from an Android app with FireDac because it is not supported. No problem, I thought ... I just use both Firedac and UniDac Parallel. However, it doesn't seem to work.
Then I thought that I might not be allowed to have both on one form and just put it on two different forms. However, it seems to me that it is not possible to use FireDac and UniDac in parallel.

Now the big question: does anyone have an idea? Or how do I solve this most sensibly

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: FMX Android FireDac und UniDac Parallel

Post by MaximG » Wed 27 Oct 2021 16:00

Hi!

Thank you for contacting Devart and for your inquiry!
Please note that FireDAC and UniDAC can work in parallel in one project, except cases of using connections to the SQLite database when developing for mobile platforms.
The fact is that by default, when working with SQLite, FireDAC uses Static linking - an operation mode similar to Direct Mode in LiteDAC.
When using the default modes of operation by both products in the same project, you will receive an error linking the libsqlite.a (sqlite3.o) library.
One of the possible solutions is to refuse static linking by one of the access components.
For example, in UniDAC you can disable static linking in the way described in our blog: https://blog.devart.com/disabling-direc ... idac.html

Please, let us know if you have any questions!