New Developer Tools for Delphi Available in Beta
March 22, 2007
Core Lab has made the Beta versions of OraDeveloper Tools 2.00 and MySQL Developer
Tools 2.00 available for Delphi IDEs. The new versions of both add-ins introduce
script and stored object debugging support, database projects, new administration
tools and much more.
Both OraDeveloper Tools 2.00 and MySQL Developer Tools 2.00 offer you the following features:
Integration with Core Lab Data Access Components
Added support for integrating with ODAC 6.00
and MyDAC 5.00.
Stored Object and Script Debuggers
Added a framework for debugging stored objects and SQL scripts.
Improved SQL Editor
Greatly improved the SQL Editor. The following features were added:
- Enhanced Find and Replace window lets you search and replace text in all opened
documents and view search results in a Find Results window
- Advanced Code completion includes keywords and objects from the parsed script
- Parameter information
- Quick information about pointed object in the script
- Navigation bar for navigating to script objects and subobjects
- In-place visual select statements editing with Query Builder window
- Incremental search is now available
- Code navigation for jumping to the definitions of database objects and variables
- Syntax customization
Database Project Support
Added a project management framework for bookmarking related scripts and organizing
Projects can be deployed in any order and saved to a file.
New Security Manager
Added integrated Security Manager for manipulating user accounts, granting and revoking
Extended Database Object Search
Added full text and object data search. Completely redesigned Find Object window.
Added a Session Manager for controlling and analyzing user sessions
Improved Working with Data
The following features added for working with data:
- You can now print data from data editor directly
- Sequential fetch feature was added - not all the data can now be fetched at once,
cursor can be left opened to fetch data later
- Data output can now be redirected to the Output window and viewed as text
- Card View mode gives a visual way to view data rows
Added an extensive collection of SQL code templates.
Added a Document Outline window for viewing the structure of SQL documents. To simplify
code navigation, DML commands,
DDL statements, code blocks and variables are represented as single structural units.
Other New Features
- Now you can open several object editors for the same type of object in one document
- The Output window now has several tabs for viewing different kinds of messages
We are looking forward to your feedback and suggestions. The full versions of both
developer tool add-ins should be available in April.