MySQL Developer Tools 2.00 for Visual Studio and Delphi Released!
April 26, 2007
Core Lab announces the release of MySQL Developer Tools 2.00. Version 2.00 introduces a large number of new features, including stored procedure debugging and database project support, new administration tools and many others.
MySQL Developer Tools 2.00 offers you the following features:
Support for Gode Gear Delphi 2007 for Win32
Supported Gode Gear Delphi 2007 for Win32.
Integration with new versions of MyDAC and MySQLDirect .NET
Added integration with MyDAC 5.0 and MySQLDirect .NET 4.0. Added component designer extensions, including syntax highlighting, code completion, visual query building, stored procedure debugging, and others.
Stored Procedure and Script Debuggers
Added a framework for debugging stored procedure and SQL scripts.
Improved SQL Editor
Greatly improved the SQL Editor. The following features were added:
- Enhanced Find and Replace window lets you search and replace text in all opened documents and view search results in a Find Results window
- Advanced Code completion includes keywords and objects from the parsed script
- Parameter information
- Quick information about pointed object in the script
- Navigation bar for navigating to script objects and subobjects
- In-place visual select statements editing with Query Builder window
- Incremental search is now available
- Code navigation for jumping to the definitions of database objects
- Syntax customization
Database Project Support
Added a project management framework for bookmarking related scripts and organizing
Projects can be deployed in any order and saved to a file.
Keyboard Shortcut Customization
A set of keyboard mapping schemes with full customization added.
New Security Manager
Added integrated Security Manager for manipulating user accounts, granting and revoking privileges.
Table Maintenance, Flush and Server Variables
Added table maintenance wizard, flush dialog and server variables window.
Extended Database Object Search
Added full text and object data search. Completely redesigned Find Object window.
New service management window lets you start and stop MySQL services under Windows.
MySQL Event support
Added support for the MySQL event object type.
Added a Session Manager for controlling and analyzing user sessions
Improved Working with Data
The following features added for working with data:
- You can now print data from data editor directly
- Sequential fetch feature was added - not all the data can now be fetched at once, cursor can be left opened to fetch data later
- Data output can now be redirected to the Output window and viewed as text
- Card View mode gives a visual way to view data rows
Added an extensive collection of SQL code templates.
Added a Document Outline window for viewing the structure of SQL documents. To simplify code navigation, DML commands, DDL statements, code blocks and variables are represented as single structural units.
Other New Features
- Now you can open several object editors for the same type of object in one document
- The Output window now has several tabs for viewing different kinds of messages
You can try out the new version of the product by downloading it at the MySQL Developer Tools download page.
To tell us what you think about the new release, visit the MySQL Developer Tools Feedback Page. We are looking forward to your comments and suggestions.