dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server v3.0 - Excellent Analysis of Table Data Differences
August 11, 2011
Devart Team proudly presents the release of dbForge Data Compare v3.0 – a distinguished data comparison and synchronization tool.
Among numerous improvements, featured in the new version of the product are data comparison report redesign and ability to compare results of custom queries. Other major improvements include support of SQL Azure databases.
Main New Features Highlights
All the new features and possibilities available in dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server v3.0 are as follows.
New extended data comparison reports
- Offline analyzing of comparison results made possible by exporting real data into the report;
- New Comparison Report wizard;
- Comparison report can include only columns containing differences for the rows that contain differences;
- The number of changes for each column can be included into the comparison report.
Custom query result comparison
Version 3.0 of dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server contains the custom query result comparison feature, which can be used to compare results of specific queries. This proves exceptionally useful in case you need a customized comparison instead of comparing all data in your database.
SQL Azure Support
Comparing data and synchronizing SQL Azure databases has just become as easy as processing common ones. dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server fully supports SQL Azure database connection and processing.
More flexible comparison settings
- Possibility to use "One-to-many" objects mapping when some columns in the target database were separated as a table;
- Possibility to include objects into comparison by mask. It is useful when you need to compare groups of tables;
- Possibility to choose a random index as a comparison key was added;
- Options for ignoring difference in time for DATETIME fields added.
Improved analysis of comparison results
- Possibility of quick navigation through data differences;
- Full-text data search;
- Possibility to hide unchanged columns in the result data grid;
- The number of differences per column is now displayed on the status bar;
- Possibility to view a random set of columns in data grid;
SQL Server Management Studio Integration
From now on you can quickly launch your comparison right from the Object Explorer context menu as well as from the SSMS main menu.
- Extended examples on command line usage added;
- Additional user interface skins support;
- Redesigned start page.
Consumers can give the updated dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server a test drive by downloading the 30-day evaluation version at the product download page. dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server license price starts at $149.95.
To leave feedback, users can go to the dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server feedback page. The Devart team is looking forward to receiving any comments and suggestions.