Brand New Oracle Database Development Tool - dbForge Studio for Oracle
August 15, 2011
Devart is glad to release new completely redesigned version of the tool for Oracle
development - dbForge Studio for Oracle, v 3.0.
This product is formerly known as OraDeveloper Studio, but the new version has a
different name, looks differently, and includes a whole pack of new features and
extended old ones.
To make our product affordable for all categories of users, we divided dbForge Studio
for Oracle, v 3.0 into Express, Standard, and Professional editions:
- Express gives you the basic FREE Oracle database tool
- Standard is good for everyday Oracle development tasks
- Professional includes extra tools to advance your Oracle development
to a new level
Major New Features
Schema Comparison Tool
Being first released as a separate tool, dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle was integrated
into dbForge Studio to provide even greater schema change management capabilities.
It is a comprehensive tool for database schema comparison and synchronization
that can be used both by application developers and database administrators (DBAs).
This tool can become a great assistant when you need to identify the impact of changes
made to your database schema, as it easily points out all differences and allows
generating customized Oracle schema synchronization script.
Data Comparison Tool
Being first released as a separate tool, dbForge Data Compare for Oracle was integrated
into dbForge Studio to provide smooth integration with the rest of functionality.
It is a powerful, fast, and easy-to-use tool for Oracle table data comparison
and synchronization. It helps you quickly compare data in tables, find the
differences at a glance, and generate a script to effortlessly synchronize data.
New Query Builder
Query Builder was completely re-designed to meet user needs. Now it allows you to
build any complex queries visually. You can create sub-queries, add tables, create
joins, or edit conditions with several clicks of the mouse. Following are the new
- The state-of-art diagram with zooming and keyboard support
- Preview and printing of the diagram
- Visual addition of sub-queries to any part of the main query
- Query outline (Document Outline window)
- Visual editing of sub-queries
- Expression builder for creating complex conditions
- Copy/Paste for tables on the diagram
- Undo/Redo support
Greatly Enhanced Data Editor
Over 50 new features and usability improvements were made to Data Editor to provide
maximum freedom when working with data. Here are some of them:
- Quick filtering feature is added
- Foreign Key lookup editor is added
- Server-side sorting and filtering is implemented to avoid retrieving all data
from the table and enhance work in Paginal Mode
- Few indications are added to inform user about Data Editor's state
- Editing of tables in join statements is enabled now
- Option for numbering records is added
- Copying data to clipboard with header is added
- Integration with charts, data reports, and pivot table component
Powerful Data Export and Import
With Data Export and Import tools, you can export data from tables or views of your
Oracle database, and after that you will be able to insert the exported data into
the table you need. Data Export and Data Import provide the following features:
- Easy-to use Data Export Wizard for exporting data to HTML, MS Excel, RTF, XML,
ODBC, Text, MS Access, PDF, CSV, and DBF formats.
- Highly customizable Data Import Wizard for importing data from CVS, DBF, HTML,
MS Access, MS Excel, ODBC, PDF, RTF, Text, and XML formats.
- Ability to export data from several tables at once
- Possibility to export and import data from command line
Explore and analyze master-detail data in a convenient browser with the following
- Design view allows building relations between tables with setting where condition
and fetch limit, choosing fields for output, and sorting them by default
- Data of the parent table/view is shown in the upper part of the Data view to allow
analyzing data of child tables/views without extra navigation.
- The document allows saving and loading data and diagram for future use
- Sorting and filtering data in the Data view
- Ability to analyze self-referencing tables
Every user can benefit from a modern way of generating reports. Less time and manual
work is required to get required data from a database, analyze, and print it as
a smart, clear, and stylish report tuned for each particular case.
Users can convert large amounts of data into compact and informative summaries -
pivot tables. They can rearrange any obscure data by a simple drag of the mouse
to get the layout that is best for understanding data relations and dependencies.
Redesigned Schema Export Wizard
Schema Export wizard has been totally redesigned to provide more freedom for exporting
schemas. It features the following:
- Capability to save export options for future use
- Support of command line interface
- Automatic archiving of schema backup scripts
- Writing a report about export process into a log file
- Automatic removing of old backup files based on date or quantity
Object Viewer - a simple way to view object's details
Object Viewer provides an easy way for analyzing objects and their structure right
from Database Explorer. It offers:
- Three views to display properties, DDL (text), and data of the selected object
- Inner navigation through object hierarchy
- History with previously viewed objects
- Extended information about each object in the Properties view
Minor New Features
Quick generation of template SQL scripts for database objects
Thanks to this new functionality, you can save your time while working with database
objects. For example, you can quickly generate template CREATE, DROP, DROP and CREATE,
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE scripts for tables. This option is available in
the context menu and called 'Generate Script As'.
Reworked Query Profiler
Query Profiler tool was reworked for more convenient usage and extended with session
- Query plan is displayed in tree-list control in order to show execution step properties
- Session statistics changes are captured to reflect query impact
- Profiling history that can be saved for further analysis
- Compare statistics results with differences highlight
- Profiling results printing
Wizard for execution of large SQL scripts
The new version provides a special Execute Script Wizard to enable quick and convenient
execution of large SQL scripts without waiting for their opening in the editor.
It takes only to select a script and enjoy the executed result.
Code Snippets Manager
Code Templates feature is now renamed to Code Snippets and extended with the manager
window for adding and editing SQL templates.
Import and Export Settings Wizard
Import and Export Settings Wizard allows you to export and import all your settings,
layout, toolbars, keyboard shortcuts. Wizard also allows you to reset settings to
their default values. You may export, import, and reset settings completely or partially.
Brand new start page
New functional start page providing the easiest way to learn the product's features
and to run the most frequently used ones added.
New state-of-the-art skins
Four new UI skins are added to improve the application appearance.
SQL intellisense functionality improved
SQL intellisense functionality is improved to make coding easier. Extended code
completion, quick object information, code snippets will simplify your work.
Improved Security Manager
- Ability to edit permissions for several users is added
- Editing users and working with Security Manager window is simplified
Database Projects Improved
- Building project to a single script
- Building project to a collection of scripts
- Multiple build configurations
- Easy object deleting from project
Search and Replace Extended
The following search and replace functionality is added:
- Search in data
- Search in Data Viewer and LOB Editor
- Search and replace in project files
- Search and replace in files on disc
Filter toolbar in the Error List window
Filter toolbar is added to Error List window to show the quantity of errors, warnings,
and messages. Also it filters the list of records, so that you can access the records
of the selected type in one click.
Consumers can give the updated dbForge Studio for Oracle a test drive by downloading
the free Express edition or the 30-day trial Professional edition at the product
download page. dbForge Studio
license price starts at $149.95.
To leave feedback, users can go to the
dbForge Studio for Oracle feedback page. The Devart team is looking forward
to receiving any comments and suggestions.