dbForge Studio for Oracle 3.1 with Improved PL/SQL Coding, Data Editing, and Higher Performance is Here!
December 6, 2011
Devart is glad to release the new improved version of dbForge Studio for Oracle, v 3.1.
We've analyzed user feedbacks received after the release of the completely redesigned dbForge Studio and defined prior points for further development of the product.
As a result we've devoted the new release of dbForge Studio for Oracle to improving the possibilities for users who work with PL/SQL code and data. And in addition we've improved the application performance and added support for Win-x64 platform.
150 improvements in the code autocompletion system
We've made nearly 150 changes and improvements in the dbForge Studio for Oracle component that helps users edit PL/SQL code. Among them:
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL syntax support is expanded
- Work of quick info hints for schema objects is improved
- Keywords case is changed automatically on typing (if the corresponding options are set)
- Usability shortcomings and errors are fixed
SQL document works with additional PL/SQL file types:
- Support for editing .pls, .plb, .pks, .pkb, .pck Oracle PL/SQL files is added
- Support for editing files with PL/SQL code created in some competitor products is added
Data export to SQL statements
- Possibility to export data to INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and MERGE statements is added
- Data can be exported from a table or data grid using a wizard
- Quick export from data grid without opening wizard
Convenient work with result sets of several SELECT queries
If there is more than one SELECT statement in a document, after execution query results will be displayed on separate tabs in the Data window.
Such approach allows working with each data set independently.
Editing data of object fields
The new product version provides possibility to edit data in object fields in tables using a pop-up editor.
Support for editing temporary tables
There is a capability to create and edit temporary tables in Table Editor.
Document Outline window for code navigation is improved
- Grouping nodes by IF, FOR, etc. flow-control statements blocks is added
- Displaying labels and navigation among them is added
More convenient working with query execution plan
- Quick query plan obtaining (without turning the Profiling mode on) is added
- Displaying of the EXPLAIN PLAN results without creating an additional table in the user's scheme is added
- Time required on application startup and connection opening is reduced
- Building of the Database Explorer tree, refreshing it, and receiving table list is quicker now
- Getting metadata for code completion becomes faster
- Work of Schema Export with large amount of objects and data is improved
- Data Editor working speed is increased
- Object Viewer and Property Browser windows working speed is increased
- Navigation to schema object editors from code is improved
Win-x64 Native Support
Now the application does not require 32-bit Oracle client software installed when working with 64-bit Windows operating system - the application works with 64-bit Oracle client software.
Consumers can give the updated dbForge Studio for Oracle a test drive by downloading the free Express edition or the 30-day trial Professional edition at the product download page. dbForge Studio license price starts at $149.95.
To leave feedback, users can go to the dbForge Studio for Oracle feedback page. The Devart team is looking forward to receiving any comments and suggestions.