Meet LiteDAC - SQLite Data Access Components for Delphi!
August 1, 2012
Devart Team proudly presents you a new product SQLite Data Access Components.
Now, regardless of whether you want to use SQLite in desktop applications, or you develop mobile applications for iPhone or iPad, you can use our new product LiteDAC, as fast and stable as all of our products, but at the same time as simple and lightweight as the SQLite database. For developing applications, such features will be available:
- You are no longer limited in the choice of development environment, you can use any of them: Delphi, C++Builder, or Lazarus (FPC). Moreover, for application development, you can use not only VCL and LCL libraries, but the newest FireMonkey development platform as well.
- If you are engaged in Cross-Platform Development, it becomes very easy with LiteDAC. It is enough to put the components on the form, select the Target platform - and your application for Win32, Win64, Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS or iOS is done.
- You can use Static Linking to embed the SQLite client library in your application, that will guarantee you that your application will work with the SQLite library, with which it is developed, but not with the one, which is installed on the computer where your application is being deployed. In addition, it will allow you to simplify the deployment of your application, since there is no need to deploy any additional libraries along with your application.
- For strong protection of the data your application works with, you can use Database Encryption. You no longer have to spend money to buy expensive SQLite client libraries with support for encryption - when using Static Linking, encryption support will be automatically added to your application and you will be able to use the following algorithms to protect your data: AES, Blowfish, TripleDES, Cast128, RC4.
- Concurrent Access to SQLite database will allow multiple processes work with the data stored in your database simultaneously, that will allow to raise the development of your applications to a qualitatively new level.
- Data Type Mapping is a powerful solution, which allows to define custom data type mapping for SQLite field types.With LiteDAC you can decide which Delphi field type will correspond to a database field type. This will allow to significantly simplify and accelerate the development of applications, because you will be able to choose those Delphi field types, which as much as possible correspond to the data stored in your database.
Furthermore, many other SQLite specific features will be available for you, for getting acquainted with which you can try out SQLite Data Access Components on its download page