Schema Synchronization for SQL Server 2012 and SQL Azure is Now Available!
February 21, 2012
Devart Team is glad to announce the new release of dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server, v3.0. When working on this release, we put all our time and energy into supporting the new SQL Server version and providing developers an ability to connect directly to SQL Azure services without moving the needed databases to the local server before comparing and synchronizing their schemas.
In this version, we also made a number of UI improvements and implemented a lot of users' suggestions.
SQL Server 2012 Support
Support for comparison and synchronization of new SQL Server objects:
- SEARCH PROPERTY LIST
User accounts synchronization is extended:
- Ability to create a user account with password is added
- DEFAULT_LANGUAGE setting is added
- Ability to create a user account using Windows Principal is added
- New properties for SPATIAL INDEX and FULL TEXT INDEX are supported
- Synchronization of new database properties is added
SQL Azure Support
The new version of Schema Compare for SQL Server makes development and maintenance of databases on SQL Azure services easier and more convenient. Now you can establish a connection with a remote server and perform comparison and synchronization of data schema with your remote server as easily as with a local network server.
New Synchronization Features
- Manual resolving of conflicts on creating NOT NULL restrictions functionality is added
- 'Add constraints and keys to tables using WITH NOCHECK' synchronization option is added
- 'Ignore user DEFAULT_SCHEMA' option is added
- Ability to synchronize assemblies through files on disks is added
- Checking if the USE command was executed correctly is added to synchronization script
- Ability to load synchronization script to SQL Server Management Studio is added
- Information on database properties that can be synchronized shown in Action Plan is extended - now it contains a record on each parameter that can be changed
- Synchronization of changes made to Service Broker for Queue (for SQL Server 2008 R2) is added
- Ability to search Action Plan is added
- Search in comparison options and comparison document is improved - on entering values into the search field, search results are highlighted
- Description field for options in the comparison and synchronization wizards is added
- Product start page is improved
- Ability to generate snapshots from the command line is added
- Connection timeout property is added to the connection settings
Consumers can give the updated dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server a test drive by downloading the 30-day trial Professional edition at the product download page. dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server price starts at $149.95. Bundle discounts apply.
To leave feedback, users can go to the dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server feedback page. The Devart team is looking forward to receiving any comments and suggestions.