Check Out All New SQL Server Developer IDE
September 13, 2012
Devart proudly presents dbForge Studio for SQL Server — a new set of SQL Server tools for database developers and administrators.
All users who have used our previously elaborated solutions (such as SQL Complete, Data Studio, Schema Compare, Data Compare and Query Builder for SQL Server) can now benefit from having them at hand in a single integrated development environment.
Studio for SQL Server comes in 4 editions so that each user could decide which set of tools meets their requirements best:
- Free Express edition provides basic functionality for database development
- Standard edition extends the Express edition's functionality with T-SQL Debugger, Query Profiler, advanced SQL Coding Assistance features, etc.
- Professional is a fully-featured edition that provides additional functionality
- Data edition includes all the functionality of the discontinued Data Studio for SQL Server
dbForge Data Studio for SQL Server has been discontinued and become the Data Edition of the Studio (that's why the new product inherits Data Studio's versioning — 3.0)
Not only have we integrated the existing products into one, but also added a number of new features.
Major New Features
Table Designer that allows to:
- Set table properties in the visual editors
- Edit a script that creates the table
- Rebuild tables when complex changes are introduced
- Preview changes before modifying a database object
Database Diagram for when you need to get a quick look at the database
structure. It provides:
- Visual editing, easy manipulation and scaling
- Containers for grouping objects
- Printing large diagrams
- Virtual connections
- T-SQL Debugger — a must-have tool for building server-side logic. Being integrated into the stored procedure editor it allows to start debugging by clicking on the Database Explorer tree
- Query Profiler to locate bottlenecks and optimize slow query execution time with many advanced options unavailable in a standard tool
- Security Manager that incorporates visual editors for logins, users, and roles; batch object editing, etc.
Consumers can give dbForge dbForge Studio for SQL Server 3.0 a test drive by downloading the 30-day trial Professional edition at the product download page. dbForge Studio for SQL Server 3.0 price starts at $149.95.
Tell us what you think about the new release, on the dbForge Studio for SQL Server feedback page. We are looking forward to your comments and suggestions!