Automatic File Merging and New UI in Code Compare 4.0
April 2, 2014
Devart gladly announces the release of Code Compare 4.0. We enriched the application with those features and improvements, which are highly required by our customers. Namely, the list of improvements
includes the brand-new automatic file merging, improved three-way merge and new UI themes in standalone version.
We also introduced the new product registration scheme which utilizes license keys.
Automatic File Merging
This feature is one of the most anticipated improvements of the new version, especially expected by the users
who use TFS as a source control. Now Code Compare enables to merge two revisions of the same file automatically.
The only thing you have to do manually is to resolve conflicts.
- Automatic file merge is activated via command line, when you set four files as command-line arguments.
- Option to merge files without running the application UI.
- Option to cancel the operation while merging large files.
Product Registration with License Keys
New version can be registered with a license key. This improvement changes the purchase
procedure and updating process of Code Compare Pro.
- A user gets an individual registration key while purchasing a new license.
- The key includes basic license information.
- The application requires registration after installation.
- The About window contains the license information.
Note: If you have an active subscription and a right to a free update, please contact Devart Sales
Department before installation of the new version to get a license key.
Improved Three-Way Merge
The three-way merge process has been significantly improved to your convenience.
- Explicit commands for the merge completion and results applying have been added.
- Redundant buttons for the changes transfer were removed to visually
simplify the merging process and minimize a chance of casual changes transfer to the wrong file.
- The new Code Merging toolbar has been added to hide commands, not used during the two-way file comparison.
- The visual identification of panels with different file revisions is improved.
New UI Themes in Standalone Code Compare
The new UI themes are added to the standalone version of Code Compare to improve correlation with
the latest versions of Visual Studio. Now the standalone version of Code Compare looks just like
Visual Studio 2013.
- Tab-key navigation between toolbars during file comparison is added.
- Hidden text manipulation during the document search is improved.
- Similar Lines Detection algorithm is improved.
- Visual marking of the missing source or target folder during folder comparison is added.
Download the free version of Code Compare, which includes a 30-day
trial of Code Compare Pro.
Buy Code Compare Pro license through our online ordering system for only
Visit our UserVoice forum to see what features
will be implemented in the next release. Also, you can share your own ideas about new features you want to see in