Improve Control over Code Review — Review Assistant v2.6
October 30, 2014
Devart gladly announces the release of Review Assistant, v2.6. In the new version, we focused on the control over the process of code review. With the new Code Coverage Report, you can quickly distinguish reviewed and unreviewed revisions in a repository. We also added a number of features, including report customization capabilities and Visual Studio "14" CTP support!
Code Coverage Report
The new report type is designed to show the volume of project code, that is covered with code review. With the new report, you can:
- See, what revisions in repository were sent to review, and what were not
- Detect whether code was accepted, rejected, or remains uncompleted
- Navigate to the review, that was created for a particular revision
- Group data by authors, review statuses and by other columns
- Filter data to exclude minor revisions from report
Mark revision as reviewed
To improve coordination of code review process, we added special labels, that appear after adding revisions to review. Now, when creating a review and adding revisions to it, author can easily detect what revisions in repository were not reviewed.
We added additional options for report customization as well as for saving custom report settings. The feature is particularly useful when working with Code Coverage Report. Now you can:
- Set up data filters
- Select columns you want to include to report
- Tune up data grouping
Adding a review comment for the entire file
At our customers' request, we added the option to comment not only a certain code line, but to add review comment to the entire file.
Review links in reports
Now Review Status and Code Coverage reports include clickable links referring to corresponding reviews. This improvement allow to quickly switch to Code Review Board and explore review details.
Visual Studio "14" CTP support
The new version of Review Assistant is compatible with the bleeding edge version of Visual Studio environment.
- Improved performance when working with Review Assistant integrated into Git source control system
- More explicit behavior when working with the files, that were deleted during development
Learn more about the prices and available bundles of the add-in at the Review Assistant purchase page.
Download the full-featured free version of Review Assistant, which includes a 30-day trial for unlimited users.
Visit our UserVoice forum to see what features will be implemented in the next release. Also, you can share your own ideas about new features you want to see in Review Assistant.