About the project

The QA Automation team is looking for a Middle Automation QA Engineer to work on the dbForge Studio product, which is a full-featured IDE for database development and administration. The main tasks (about 70%) will include creating automated tests (Selenium Appium, UnitTesting, C #) and the rest 30% - creating manual tests.

How we work

We use the scrum method to organize our work.

Tasks are selected from the backlog. They are estimated and distributed among the team members during the general discussion.

When the sprint begins, team members perform their tasks in accordance with the tasks' priorities.

In case the bugs are found in the product during the task completion, they are registered. If during the execution of a task the places that require improvements are located, the corresponding tasks are created in the backlog.

There are the tasks for refactoring the existing tests as well as for developing the new ones.


  • 2+ years of experience in automated testing or 0.5-1 year of experience as a C# developer
  • Experience in writing autotests
  • Experience in various types of testing: acceptance, regression, functional, etc.
  • Competency in test coverage creation
  • Knowledge and understanding of the basics of .Net Core, C#
  • Knowledge and familiarity with Unit Testing, Selenium WebDriver, Appium Windows Driver
  • Understanding of the basic principles of OOP, SOLID and the ability to apply them in practice
  • Good database skills, basic knowledge of SQL
  • Ability to create SQL queries (Create, Insert, Update, Delete)
  • Experience with Jenkins
  • Basic knowledge and experience with version control systems, primarily Git
  • Level of English - Pre-Intermediate or higher


  • Create autotests to check the quality of the dbForge product line
  • Refactor the existing autotest code
  • Conducting and pass the code review of autotests
  • Perform manual testing of dbForge project products
  • Reproduce bugs
  • Set testing tasks in accordance with the set priorities
  • Conduct and pass the Test Review
  • Study the internal structure of the dbForge project
  • Develop and design autotests
  • Interact with Team Lead and QA Automation Engineers in the team during the autotests development
  • Interact with the development teams and the QA manual team if questions arise during the autotests development
  • Interact with Team Lead and Architect when optimizing / refactoring autotests
  • Comment on the autotests code while writing it,
  • Follow the code style and name conventions adopted in the project
  • Create internal technical documentation in Confluence

Nice to have

  • Degree in Computer Systems
  • Certification in key areas of activity
  • Experience in the development of large projects and systems

Work mode: remotely or office, when the quarantine ends - only office.

Team: QA Automation Team Lead, 2 Automation QA Engineers.

Work conditions

  • Employment probation period - 3 months
  • No overtime
  • Flexible working hours
  • 18 working days of vacation
  • 15 working days of sick leave
  • Medical insurance
  • English courses in the office
  • Opportunities for professional development and personal growth (50% of tuition fees)
  • Different activities: corporate parties, team building events (yachting, kayaks, ATVs, etc.)
  • Modern office and places for rest (mini gym, table tennis)
  • Office address: Kharkiv, Klochkovskaya str., 192a (about 10 minutes from the metro Botanichnyi Sad

Interview stages

  1. CV review and screening.
  2. Extended online interview with technical experts - 1.5 - 2 hours.
    • We will tell you about our product, what kind of specialist we are looking for, and what tasks they will be responsible for.
    • We will ask you to complete a test task.
    • We will then discuss your solution, ask technical questions, and talk about relevant experience.
  3. Offer.

We are looking forward to receiving your application!


Please share your contact details along with your resume and our recruiters will contact you shortly.

Apply via Devart website


Only .docx, .rtf, .pdf allowed to a max size of 5 MB

* Indicates required fields

Benefits & Perks

Competitive salary

The wage is competitive and corresponds to the level of qualification and experience

Flexible work hours

Improve your work-life balance with flexible schedule

Paid sick leave

Additional 5 days of sick leave without the need for confirmation

English courses

You can take English classes in the office, at a convenient time

Coffee, tea, and sweets

An unlimited quantity and wide assortment. Fresh fruits every week

Game room

Table tennis, table soccer, darts, horizontal bar, and fitness equipment

Corporate events

Fun events that you will remember for a long time

Modern office

Comfortable and modern furniture for productive work