We are looking for a QA Engineer who will test the applications that are part of the TMetric service.
About the productTMetric is a time tracking service for companies, agencies, individual consultants, and freelancers. Everyone who sells their time for money needs to keep accurate and simple time records for subsequent providing bills to customers. Also, TMetric allows you to keep track of employee time for payroll, as well as monitor their work.
TMetric is a SaaS product that runs 24/7 and serves customers from all over the world. The service includes a web application, a browser extension, a cross-platform desktop client, and mobile applications.
- performing functional and regression testing of the TMetric web application
- testing the desktop client application and browser extensions for TMetric
- conducting mobile compatibility testing.
- 2+ years of work experience
- competence in types and methods of testing, ability to apply them in practice
- experience with test documentation: developing test coverage, writing test cases, creating test plans
- understanding the peculiarities of web application testing
- experience working with any of the following tools: Jira, Redmine, GitLab
- Git competence: experience with any GUI client
- API testing
- experience with Postman and\or Fiddler
- basic knowledge of the relational database theory (tables, indexes, keys, views)
- experience writing SQL queries.
Work mode: currently remote, then office.
Team: Dev Lead, 2 Back-end developers, 1 JS developer, 1 HTML/CSS developer, QA Lead, 2 QAs.
The way we work: We test three components of the product: the main application, the browser extension, and the desktop application. The main application is a client-server Web application. We work in conjunction with the developers, create full coverage of the feature with tests, divide them into manual and automatic ones, and then pass the test on to the developers for automation. We use TestLink for manual tests. We have more than 3000 manual tests and the same number of automated ones. We try to make a release every 4 weeks, before each release we go through regression testing, for which we determine the necessary cases. We use Jira as a bug tracking system. PM attributes all requirements to Jira Confluence, there are also descriptions of all workflows, including testing. We conduct the following types of testing: UI testing, cross-browser testing, API testing, Performance testing, and many others. We use many testing techniques. Our project is multi-platform and cross-browser. It can boast excellent test coverage. Therefore, this position is a good opportunity to learn the well-established testing process from the inside and upgrade your skills.
Growth / development prospects for this position: You will grow professionally as a specialist. In the future, you will be engaged in testing automation and mentoring new employees.
- 1. CV review and screening.
- 2. Extended online interview with technical experts - 1.5 - 2 hours. We will tell you about our product, what kind of specialist we are looking for, and what tasks they will be responsible for. At this stage, we will ask you to complete a test task. We will then discuss your solution, ask technical questions, and talk about relevant experiences.
- 3. Offer.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!