We are looking for a talented technical writer to work on database development and administration projects. The main tasks include writing documentation, creating content for the site and blog, writing articles. We also expect timely documentation for new features, blog coverage of releases, website and blog content updates.
- Describe new product features
- Produce documentation for new products
- Maintain the existing documentation
- Update the existing product pages
- Create new product pages
- Apply SEO recommendations
- Support and update new website pages (About us, Events, etc.)
- Write technical articles based on the scenarios presented
- Translate articles written by the company's technical specialists
- Validate articles written by third-party authors.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Writer, Customer Support Engineer, or Technical Translator
- Proven experience in the IT sector (understanding its arrangement, hierarchy, and areas of responsibility)
- Advanced level of English
- Academic Writing skills
- Working knowledge of stylistic standards for describing software functionality and UI
- Ability to write, edit and correct different types of texts
- Understand the principles of cross-cultural communication in English-speaking countries and Western Europe
- Ability to analyze information from multiple sources and transform it into a single whole
- Active listening and giving feedback skills
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, Markdown
- Experience with MS Visual Studio
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with Jira and general understanding of Agile / Scrum principles.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of other foreign languages (preferably German)
- Good pronunciation and fluent English
- Understanding the basics of relational databases
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Degree in English Philology.