Code Review Tool – Review Assistant
Review Assistant is a code review plugin for Visual Studio. Our code review tool helps you to
create review requests and respond
to them without leaving Visual Studio. Review Assistant supports TFS, Subversion, Git, Mercurial,
and Perforce. Simple setup:
up and running in 5 minutes.
Start using it free
Check what's new in Review Assistant v2.7
what is code review
and why you need it.
View detailed pricing
Review Assistant Features
- Add your comments at the review level, or specific source code blocks or lines.
- Initiate threaded code discussions with your team members without scheduled meetings.
- Mark comments and defects that need to be fixed
- Review comments displayed in the code editor.
- Instant switching between review comments and the code
Multiple review iterations
Typical code review consists of multiple review-fix cycles. Review Assistant is designed to support these
- Developer can add revisions to an existing code review
- Reviewer can see what's changed since the last review
- Reviewer can pick what changes to view when comparing file revisions
More about iterative code review
Rich integration features
Flexible review workflow
Review Assistant has a flexible review workflow:
- Only necessary review states are supported.
- Three main roles: author, reviewer, and moderator (optional).
- Discussions and defects statuses are not strict.
Reporting and Statistics
Review Assistant collects basic code review metrics automatically. It provides the following reports:
- Reviewers statistics
- Authors Statistics
- Users Status
- Reviews Status
- Code Coverage
More about reporting
Drop-in Replacement for Visual Studio Code Review Feature
Review Assistant is a descent alternative to Visual Studio Code Review feature:
Review Assistant works on the Professional edition. No need to upgrade to Visual Studio Premium.
- Supports reviewing multiple changesets at a time.
- Iterative review support.
- Check-in policy for pre-commit code review.
- Review moderator support.
Studio Code Review vs Review Assistant
Better Way to Buy Review Assistant
ChooseCode Review Bundle
and get two products for code review
with a discount. Bundle includes
- file diff tool that is specially adapted for comparing source
code files. It allows you to see review comments when comparing file revisions.
What is code review
Peer code review is a process of inspecting code written by your co-developers. It helps to improve code
quality and ship software with less defects. And Review Assistant helps you to automate the process
with minimum overhead.
Not using code review? Here is a couple of starting points:
download Review Assistant
and start reviewing code.
Back to product features↑