dotConnect for DB2 Compatibility
dotConnect for DB2 supports DB2 for LUW 9.x and higher.
The provider works with .NET Frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8. The product is compatible with ADO.NET Entity Framework v1, v4.x, v5, and v6 and Entity Framework Core.
dotConnect for DB2 can be used with the following development environments:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2022
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 release and preview
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Embarcadero Delphi Prism
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
There are some limitations in Express Editions of Visual Studio. The following features are not available: provider add-in, automatic toolbox components registration and DDEX integration. As an exclusion, Visual Web Developer 2008 and 2010 supports DDEX features.
dotConnect for DB2 supports Visual Studio Lightswitch 2011 and 2012.
RAD Studio 2007 is supported in run time only as these environments have no WinForms designers.
Devart Data Providers Compatibility
Since Devart data providers use a common assembly (Devart.Data.dll), it is necessary to make sure that all installed data providers are compatible.