What is FireDAC? Overview, Features, and Comparison with UniDAC
The following article provides a detailed feature comparison between UniDAC and FireDAC components. Choose for yourself which product is better for your development needs.
What is FireDAC
FireDAC is a Embarcadero solution that provides performance database app development. It includes multi-device enterprise database connectivity for Delphi, C++Builder, and RAD Studio. FireDac enables direct access from your applications to Oracle, SQL Server, InterBase, DB2, Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Access, Informix, DataSnap, IBLite, InterBase ToGo, and SQLite databases from your Delphi/C++Builder Android and iOS apps. FireDAC also supports vendor specific database features as well as deployment across multiple client operating systems and device platforms.
Benefits of using UniDAC
- Can be used on Android and iOS for Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP Synapse ASE
- Supports Direct Mode for Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, SAP Synapse ASE
- Supports many cloud services on Windows
- Supports macOS for SQL Server
- Easy to switch to from FireDac
- Saves your money