We are looking for a talented technical writer to work on database development and administration projects. The main responsibilities include writing documentation, creating content for the site and blog, and writing articles. We expect you to document new features timely, write news about product releases to the blog, update website and blog content.
How we work
Technical Writers work on creating and updating content for the blog, company website, and user documentation. We work closely with Project Manager/Product Owner as well as marketing and QA teams. PM and PO write requirements to the task related to creating/editing/updating content and also clarify what exactly should be included in the documentation. We collect all necessary information, analyze it, and prepare content. Quite often, the text needs to be illustrated with screenshots, which we also prepare. The QA team helps us understand the technical features of the functionality. We also write blog articles and validate articles written by third-party authors.
Tasks are planned for a 3-week sprint. We estimate the time needed for each task within which the task should be completed. In our work, we use HTML and Markdown editor, WordPress editor, screenshot tools, Git client. Due to a variety of tasks, Technical Writer who joins our team will have a great opportunity to improve and expand their professional skills.
- 2+ year of experience as Technical Writer, Customer Support, or Technical Translator
- Proven experience in the IT sector (understanding its arrangement, hierarchy, and areas of responsibility);
- Advanced level of English or higher
- Academic writing skills
- Working knowledge of stylistic standards for describing software functionality and UI
- Ability to write, edit and correct different types of texts
- Understand the principles of cross-cultural communication in English-speaking countries and Western Europe
- Ability to analyze information from multiple sources and transform it into a single whole
- Active listening and giving feedback skills
- Proven experience with HTML, CSS, Markdown
- Experience with MS Visual Studio
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with Jira and general understanding of Agile / Scrum principles.
- Describe new product features
- Create documentation for new products
- Maintain the existing documentation
- Update the existing product pages
- Create new product features
- Apply SEO recommendations
- Maintain and update new website pages (About us, Events, etc.)
- Write technical articles based on the provided scenarios
- Translate articles written by the company's technical specialists into English
- Validate articles written by third-party authors
Nice to have
- Knowledge of other foreign languages (preferably German)
- Good pronunciation and fluent English
- Understanding the basics of relational databases
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Degree in English Philology
Work policy: remotely or office.
Team: TW Lead, 3 TW, 2 Video designers.
Growth and development opportunities for this position:
Vertical - Middle+ TW, Senior TW.
- Employment probation period - 3 months
- Flexible working hours
- 15 working days of vacation
- 15 working days of sick leave
- English courses in the office
- Opportunities for professional development and personal growth (50% of tuition fees)
- Different activities: corporate parties, team building events (yachting, kayaks, ATVs, etc.)
- Modern office and places for rest (mini gym, table tennis)
- Office address: Kharkiv, Klochkovskaya str., 192a (about 10 minutes from the metro Botanichnyi Sad
- CV review and screening.
Extended online or in-office interview with technical experts: 1.5 - 2 hours.
- We will tell you about our product, who we are looking for, and which tasks they will be responsible for.
- We will discuss your relevant experience and answer all your questions.
- We will ask you to complete a test task to determine your level of English.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV!