How to Schedule MySQL Backup?
You may need to schedule an automated MySQL database backup that
will recur periodically. To do this, first of all, you will need to create a project
file, containing backup settings with the help of the MySQL backup tool. Once the
project file is created, you have to schedule Windows task that will perform actions
at a specific time or when a certain event occurs.
1. Complete the steps 1-5 above. Click Save Project.
2. Once all the needed options for the backup selected and the project file was saved,
start Task Scheduler for Windows.
3. Select Action → Create Basic Task in the top menu.
4. Provide a name for the new task. Click Next.
5. Select one of the options when you want the MySQL backup task to be started. Click
6. Select time and frequency for starting the task. Click Next.
7. Select Start a Program and click Next.
8. Enter a path to the dbforgemysql.com file in Program/script field.
(The default path is "C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL\dbforgemysql.com")
Also, make sure to specify arguments in the Add arguments field as follows:
/backup /connection:"User Id=root;Host=db;Port=3309;Database=sakila;Character Set=utf8;"
/projectfile:"C:\Users\Documents\dbForge Studio for MySQL\Export\sakila.backup"