How to Copy MySQL Databases with dbForge Studio for MySQL
Below you will find a step-by-step guide on how to work with the Copy Databases tool.
Select Source and Target servers
1. The Copy Databases tool is on the Administration tab of dbForge Studio for MySQL.
2. Choose a source server to copy databases from. A list of databases hosted in the source server will fill the Source column.
3. Choose a target server to copy databases to. The names of databases from the Source column will be duplicated to the Target column.
If the target server includes a database with the same name as in the source server, "_copy" is added to the database name.
4. In the Source column, select the databases you want to copy.
9. After having set up the target and source, as well as the copying settings, click the green arrow button to run the copying process. In the Progress column, you will see a progress bar with the percentage of completion
and after that the result of the copying and the time spent on the process in the Elapsed time column.
10. At any time of copying, you can cancel the process by clicking the red square Abort copying button.
When you need to quickly transfer MySQL databases between two different server instances, the Copy Databases tool is the right choice for this!
It has a simple and clear interface and it's very handy to use. The tool copes with cloning multiple MySQL databases in a few simple steps.