- Overview of Oracle Change Management Pack
- Overview of dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle
Devart Team introduces dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle as an alternative to Oracle Change Management Pack.
These two solutions are intended to help database administrators (DBAs) and application developers to automate the process of promoting planned schema changes from development to production. They also help enterprises easily identify the impact of application upgrades on customizations and can pinpoint and remediate unplanned schema changes that are often the cause of application downtime.
Overview of Oracle Change Management Pack
Oracle Change Management Pack helps enterprises assess the impact of application upgrades by automatically identifying schema changes specific to each customization.
The tool can provide application developers with the specific details on each schema changes such as new columns added to tables, old indexes that were dropped or business logic changes made to PL/SQL based objects, so that they can modify their customization accordingly.
Using Oracle Change Management Pack, DBAs can pinpoint ad hoc changes made to production databases by comparing the current production environment with an established gold baseline standard representing the optimal state of the production database schema.
Upon identifying the missing or misconfigured schema objects, DBAs can restore the production environment to its original state by re-generating the relevant database objects from the established baseline standard.
Overview of dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle
dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle is a powerful, fast and easy-to-use tool for comparing and synchronizing Oracle database schemas. It helps you quickly compare schemas, find differences, generate scripts, and then effortlessly synchronize the Oracle database schemas. All this is done in a clear graphical interface.
The main features of our product are:
- Broad support of Oracle 9i, 10, 11 R2 Express Edition, Oracle XE
- Compares database structures across different server versions and correctly downgrades capabilities of the target database to the source database if needed.
- Compares tables, views, functions, procedures, packages, DML triggers, sequences, synonyms, user types (object types, collections types), materialized views, materialized view logs, XML schemas, database links, Java sources, clusters.
- Convenient and easy-to-follow wizards for comparison and synchronization.
- Custom schema mapping.
- Clear presentation of comparison results, extended opportunities for management.
- Integrated SQL editor for advanced management of SQL scripts.
- Customizable UI.
To get acquainted with all features of the tool, refer to the Features page.