Diff Between Two Oracle Schemas
- What is schema comparison?
- Getting the difference of two Oracle schemas
- Analyzing Oracle schema diffs
Read this article to get acquainted with Devart dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle. This Oracle diff tool can help you effectively compare and synchronize Oracle database schemas. After comparison, it represents differences in schemas in a separate document, where they are ready for analyzing and can be synchronized in a wink.
What is schema comparison?
Schema comparison is a process aimed at comparing two database structures (Source and Target) to find any differences and make these structures identical, i.e., synchronize.
Source is a database content of which is inserted to Target after synchronization. Target is a database content of which you compare and synchronize with Source.
After comparison process is completed, you will be able to view differences in schemas and analyze them in a special document.
Five stages of schema comparison:
1. Creating connections to Oracle servers, where the databases to be compared are located.
2. Selecting Source and Target and setting up additional parameters for comparison.
3. Mapping required schemas in Source and Target manually if automatic mapping cannot satisfy your specific needs.
4. Analyzing comparison results and selecting actions to apply during synchronization (e.g., Create, Drop, Update objects).
5. Synchronizing database structures.