To enhance the readability and maintainability of your SQL code, follow these simple rules:
- Use uppercase for SQL statements and functions and lowercase for tables
- Write SQL queries with line breaks. This approach will make your code easy to read and understand.
- Avoid using blank lines within statements.
- Apply indentation for subqueries.
- Add comments for complex or essential components of a code.
- Divide a query into multiple blocks. Thus, you'll be able to analyze each component of a statement and detect errors.