dotConnect Universal Compatibility
.NET Framework Compatibility
The provider works with .NET Frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and .NET Compact Framework 2.0. Note that .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 is not supported.
dotConnect Universal can be used with following integrated development environments:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Embarcadero Delphi Prism
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
There are some limitations in Express Editions of Visual Studio. The following features are not available: provider add-in, automatic toolbox components registration and DDEX integration. As an exclusion, Visual Web Developer 2008 and 2010 supports DDEX features.
RAD Studio 2007 is supported in run time only as these environments have no WinForms designers.
Database Server Compatibility
Currently dotConnect Universal supports the following databases:
- dotConnect Universal supports Oracle servers 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 8.0 and 7.3, including Personal and Express editions;
- dotConnect Universal supports both x86 and x64 versions of the following Oracle clients: 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i and 8.0.
Microsoft SQL Server
dotConnect Universal supports SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008, 2005 (including Express editions), SQL Server 2000 and MSDE.
dotConnect Universal supports MySQL server versions 8.0, 5.7, 5.6, 5.5, 5.4, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0 and 3.23 including Embedded servers (starting with 4.1), 64-bit MySQL servers, Percona, and MariaDB. dotConnect Universal supports Amazon RDS for MySQL, Amazon RDS for MariaDB, and Amazon RDS for Aurora.
dotConnect Universal supports PostgreSQL server since 7.1 version to 11, EnterpriseDB, Pervasive Postgres SQL servers, Heroku Postgres.
dotConnect Universal supports SQLite engine version 3 and higher.
- InterBase: versions 6.x and higher;
- Firebird: versions 2.x, 1.x;
- DB2 for LUW: 8.0 and higher;
- DB2 for OS/390 and z/OS via DB2 Connect: 6 and higher.
version 95, 97, 2000, 2003, and 2007.
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise servers and clients: 11.0 and higher.
Sybase Advantage Database Server
- Sybase Advantage Database Server servers: 8.0 and higher;
- Client (Sybase Advantage ODBC driver): 8.0 and higher.
Note: dotConnect Universal supports any database using ODBC provider.