Optimize Queries with Oracle SQL Profiler
The Query Profiler functionality helps you measure and optimize query performance in Oracle databases by using the EXPLAIN plan, analyzing query profiling results, and collecting session statistics.
Identifying queries that take a much longer time than expected is an important task in optimization of Oracle queries in the most effective way. In dbForge Studio for Oracle, this can be achieved with the help of a query optimization tool - Oracle SQL Profiler. The tool helps you not only analyze when query execution causes delays and impacts performance, but also why it is slow. With the capabilities of the Query Profiler, you can:
- Compare query profiling results to determine whether query execution time has been reduced after the change
- Detect potential bottlenecks that may slow down query performance
- Analyze the EXPLAIN plan and track session statistics
- Estimate how much time and resources were spent on query execution
- Easily investigate the unusual behavior of queries