How to Tune PL/SQL Performance with Oracle SQL Profiler
Oracle SQL Profiler helps optimize SQL query performance in Oracle databases using EXPLAIN execution plan and session statistics, as well as controlling resource allocation used to execute the queries efficiently.
On this page, you can find out how to tune query performance with dbForge Studio for Oracle on a particular example of an Oracle SQL query.
Slow-running queries can be time- and server resource-consuming. This may cause poor database performance and longer query execution, as well as impact a client application. Thus, to resolve performance issues efficiently, it is critical to apply query optimization and performance tuning techniques.
In dbForge Studio for Oracle, you can utilize Query Profiler, the ultimate query performance tuning and optimization tool that allows you to:
- Examine causes for slow-running queries and bad performance
- Monitor query performance using the Oracle explain plan
- Search for database bottlenecks and analyze its impact on database performance
- Manage loads increased on database
- View query profiling results data to prevent possible query performance issues
- Compare query performance to identify what operations take longer time and more resources
- Decrease database workload with the help of indexes