dbForge SQL Complete:
A Comparison with Top Competitors
If you are an active SSMS user, you most probably know that its built-in IntelliSense isn't all that perfect. Yet still, you want your SQL coding to get done fast, and you need your output clean, readable, and devoid of errors. This is where you can turn to special add-ins that extend the default capabilities of SSMS and make you more versatile at SQL development.
dbForge SQL Complete is one such add-in, and below you will find a detailed comparison of its features with those of its two nearest rivals — Redgate SQL Prompt and ApexSQL Complete.
Before you scroll down to explore the compared products, we would like to highlight some of the most essential features that should be available in every high-end SSMS add-in designed with a focus on quick and efficient SQL development.
- IntelliSense-like SQL completion that includes context-aware suggestions, instant statement expansion, and smart syntax check
- Quick database object overview
- Default and custom snippets to help you code even faster
- Advanced code formatting to make your SQL code easily readable
- Integrated debugger to identify and fix logic errors
- Smart and convenient code refactoring with automatic correction of references to the database objects you need to rename
- Means of manipulating data in the results grid
- Various productivity enhancements to make your daily work faster and easier