New Extended Capabilities in Tools for MySQL Server!
April 23, 2013
All tools for MySQL now offer extended code completion and formatting capabilities. This functionality proved to be very useful in dbForge Studio for MySQL, so we decided to add it in other dbForge tools for MySQL. Now the tools provide comprehensive suggestion lists when typing SQL code and object information on different database objects. Formatting profiles allow creating code standards within a group of people working on the same project or in the whole company. You can create new profiles or edit the existing ones.
- Support of Windows authentication on creating a connection to MySQL server
- Support of MySQL pluggable authentication on creating a connection to MySQL server
- Support of Amazon RDS
dbForge Query Builder for MySQL improvements
Visual building of DML statements
Now you can design INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE queries in Query Builder. The type of query is stated on the diagram surface, and this label allows selecting tables to use in the query right away.
- Conversion of SELECT queries into INSERT statements
- One-click conversion of SELECT query into UPDATE or DELETE with saving of WHERE condition
- Execution of separate subqueries to check their correctness without leaving diagram interface
- Ability to export query results as well as data directly from a table
dbForge Data Compare for MySQL improvements
- New data comparison reports now contain table data (not just a summary)
- Comparison of custom query results (along with tables and views)
- "One-to-many" objects mapping when addressing columns that were separated as a table in the target database
- Possibility to include objects into comparison by mask, which is useful when comparing groups of tables
- Full-text data search in comparison results
- Analysis of comparison results is improved: 'Hide unmodified columns' option, per-column difference counters are added
Join our forum to participate in discussions around Devart software, including dbForge tools for MySQL. Find answers to your technical questions and other valuable information on Devart products for MySQL.