Review Assistant 3.2 with Features for Agile Workflow
March 21, 2016
We are happy to announce a new version of our tool for code review – Review Assistant 3.2. In this new version, we allowed project members to join reviews and create reviews without reviewers, added a new user role (Watcher) in a review, and implemented fine-tuning of email notifications.
More flexible email notifications
- Individual settings of email notifications for each event type.
- Every member of a project can now receive email notifications about all events in reviews.
Project members can join reviews now
You can join a review and become a reviewer if the review is available in the list of open project reviews or you got a message that the review has been created. To join the review, open it and click Join Review in the review editor.
New role in a review - Watcher
- A review creator can assign team members to monitor the review process (make them watchers).
- Watchers receive all review notifications as if they were review participants.
- Watchers can join a review any time if they want to add comments to code.
Create reviews without specifying reviewers
This feature was added for agile teams. It allows creating "hanging" reviews, which any team member can pick up.
- Code author can now create a review without adding specific reviewers.
- All project members receive an email notification about a new review.
- Reviews with no reviewers appear under My Reviews and To Review filters for every project member.
- Any project member can join a review.
- Review editor usability improved.
- Project settings improved to avoid ambiguity.
- The warning on Accept Changes is more straightforward now.
Learn more about the prices and available bundles of the add-in at the Review Assistant purchase page.
Download the full-featured free version of Review Assistant, which includes a 30-day trial for unlimited users.
Visit our UserVoice forum to see what features will be implemented in the next release. Also, you can share your own ideas about new features you want to see in Review Assistant.